7.03.2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation - Caramel





 Hello everyone! This post is going to be on Revlon's new 24hr Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation. I purchased mine in the shade 340 Caramel at Target. Target was the only store that had the most wide range of shades to choose from.
It retails for about $12 to $14 depending on where you buy it from.
This foundation can be found in a GOOD size GLASS packaging. No just throwing this into the makeup bag, it may break. There is no spatula to scoop out the product just a little plastic covering to prevent product into the lid. So unless you have your own, be prepared to use a brush or your fingers.

Ok, now on to the fun stuff. This foundation is none like anything that I have in my own collection. It's VERY creamy and feels smooth to the touch on your fingers. It doesn't have a strong smell like the Colorstay liquid and since I usually wear Caramel shade in the liquid, this is a very close match for me. It IS a LITTLE bit light but once blended in, it goes unnoticeable on my skin.

Alright, how does it feel? Well I used this 3 different times so far. The first time, I used one of my beauty blender sponges because I thought it would set quickly like the colorstay liquid, which is NOT the case, so feel free to take your time blending. It's not the amazing race.
With the beauty blender, it gave me a light to medium coverage and felt and looked very natural. No complaints.
The second time I used it. I just used my good ole' fingers and I THINK I applied too much. It felt a little heavy, gave me a medium to nearly full coverage, but still VERY easily blended out with no problems of patchy, blotchiness.
The third time, I used my fingers again and found the right amount of product to take out to apply to my face and it was PERFECT, amazing experience. I didn't really get that much of a heavy coverage feeling and it really felt AMAZING and LOOKED good on the skin. No masks over here!

So all in all, I like this foundation. I will say that you should play around with it to see what application style works best with what overall outcome you want to face to look like. This foundation will definitely give you medium to full coverage! And even though it's summer, I still find this to be a good foundation unless it's over 100+ degrees outside and then it will melt off your face.

I hope you all enjoyed to read! Leave any questions or comments down below!






TnP ~ MsSB 
Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment