1.10.2012

NEW! Revlon Colorstay Products: Colorstay & Photoready


Hey everyone! So I got a bonus card from work and after gas expenses, I wanted to buy some makeup! Revlon has come out with new Colorstay and Photoready products and I wanted to try them out. I purchased the new Colorstay 16hour Eyeshadow in Siren, the Colorstay Creme Gel Liner in black, and the Photoready 3D Volume mascara.


First I will talk about the 3D Volume mascara. I got this in the hopes of thickening my lashes. I was disappointed in the product. It wasn’t the worst mascara that I have tried, but it definitely did not give me the volume that I was expecting, even after two coats. It clumped a little after the second coat, so I was afraid to apply a third. It provided a natural thickness to sum it up.

The gel liner was a much better product. It’s SUPER creamy and easy to apply with the brush provided. The only other type of gel liner that I have tried is the one from L’Oreal and compared to that I like the Revlon liner better. With L’Oreal I felt that I had to work with it more to get it from the brush to my lids, I do not get that with the Revlon gel liner. I will say that the L’Oreal gel liner is a darker black than Revlon. This liner lasts! It lasts ALL day! The first time I used it, I wore it for about 11 hours and it did not fade at all. I did use a primer beforehand just because my lids are VERY oily. I REALLY like this product!

Last thing that I got for my little taste of the line, is an Colorstay eyeshadow quad of the "16hr" in 525 Siren. Siren is a oceanic-type color scheme which I love because I have been reading a book about the ocean, magical creatures...etc.
In the quad there is a pale blue (ocean), a lavender color with white glitter pieces (makes me think of sea stones or siren jewelry), a silvery taupe (sea foam/bubbles), and a matte black (danger, mysterious deep ocean). (All in my parenthesis are my random thoughts of interpreting the colors in rereference to Sirens/ocean =P )
I have to say, I really like this quad, but I love Revlon eyeshadow in general. I do like how it's a little hard to collect color on my brush, it's like the color is hard packed into the packaging. The colors are not chalky (to me) and easy to blend. I would just say beware of the glitter particles because they kinda went everywhere and I didn't expect them to be so noticeable.


Final thoughts: Loved everything except the mascara....could have done without it
Click here for the video review!




TnP ~ MsSB

No comments:

Post a Comment